Friday, April 22, 2011

I admit...I enjoy eating poodles...

Really I do! Just not the fluffy kind! I know I've been teasing you all with my poodle eating ways on facebook, so I figured I'd better fess up before you all started unfriending me, thinking I'm an eater of man's best friend! I first tried a poodle from the food truck at Clockwork Carnival the other day and it was DELICIOUS!! Basically what it is, is an all beef hot dog,nestled in a french toast bun and topped with carrot and apple slaw and drizzled with maple syrup and brown mustard! Sounds weird, I know, but it is so good!! I don't have an "official" recipe, but I will pass on what I did when I recreated this cullinary wonder! I suggest an ice cold beer with it, its an amazing combo!!



French Poodle - Lizzie style!

Makes 4 poodles

Bun: Beat together 2 eggs with 2 Tbls milk. Soak outside of the hot dog buns in the mixture and cook in pan as you would french toast.

Slaw: Shred 1 peeled granny smith apple, 1 peeled large carrot, mix together with 1 Tbls red wine vinegar, a pinch of sugar and a dash of pepper and garlic salt.

Place grilled hot dog in your french toast bun and top with the slaw then drizzle with maple syrup and brown mustard and ENJOY!!

This concludes today's episode of cooking with Elizabeth...hehehe

Anyways, hope you enjoy and as always, until next time, don't do anything I wouldn't do!!

xoxo
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment